Welcome to SavoyTexas.org, an ever growing resource dedicated to preserving the history of our little North Texas town.
Savoy is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 56 and Farm Road 1752, on the Missouri Pacific line ten miles west of Bonham in extreme west central Fannin County, Texas. Savoy was established about 1863 by Colonel William Savoy, a pioneer settler and landowner who had arrived in the area in the late 1850s.
The purpose of the site is to provide accurate information pertaining to the history of Savoy, Texas. The information found on this site will be organized for easy reading and perusal. Here are some of the features planned for the site:
- History of the founding of Savoy
- Information concerning the Savoy College
- Details of Savoy disasters (cyclone and fires)
- Historical information of the commerce in Savoy
- Information about the railroad depot
- History of the Savoy Sanctuary
- Personal accounts in history
- Histories of distinguished citizens
- Historical registers (census and church registers)
- Photo galleries
All data collated here will be documented as much as possible for historical accuracy. If you have any additions, corrections, personal stories, photos, newspaper clippings or any other information which could be scanned and included in this repository please contact us.